Unlimited 4G Broadband
Whether you’re looking after the kids or looking after your wallet, Unlimited 4G Broadband is made for what matters most. It’s also great value from just $55 per month. Sounds like it was made for you. Fair use applies.
Unlimited 4G Broadband plans are also eligible to redeem SuperWiFi and receive two TP Link mesh units valued at $449 to get guaranteed wall-to wall Wifi at your place. And if it doesn't give you Wifi to every corner of your home, we'll give you a $100 account credit on your broadband.
Check out what's available at your place or give us a call today.
Installation for Wireless Broadband is simple and easy — no complex installation and no need for a technician. With wireless, just plug in your new wireless modem, download the app to your smartphone and you're good to go.
Wireless Broadband plans
Save $10/month on your broadband plan if you have a One NZ Pay Monthly Mobile Plan. Terms apply.
Do you have a One NZ Pay Monthly Mobile Plan?
Your discount has been applied to the eligible plans below
Where available speeds shown are national peak time average speeds based on the Commerce Commission’s Measuring Broadband New Zealand (MBNZ) May 2023. The calculating of average 5G speeds for customers is underway.
You may experience higher or lower speeds than these national averages. Factors such as the performance of your modem, location of the server or exchange you’re connected to, the performance and age of the devices you are using and your in-home Wifi setup, can impact the speeds experienced.
For wireless connections, factors such as the distance you are from a cell tower, the network capability, and the overall use of that cell tower by other customers can impact the speed experienced. Wireless Broadband services are available at eligible addresses only, and a Fair Use Policy applies.
Wireless Broadband plans not available everywhere. For Rural Broadband plans please refer here.
Terms and Conditions
see Broadband $10 discount terms.
SuperWifi Offer: Sign up to Unlimited Broadband, or Wireless Broadband 600GB 12 month term plan, to redeem your SuperWifi units. Wall-to-wall Wifi guaranteed or get $100 broadband credit within 90 days of redemption. Guarantee and $100 credit only available to residential customers. Fees apply if you cancel or transfer your plan or billing account within 24 months. TP-link Deco App required. Coverage can be impacted by factors such as network conditions and environmental factors. Offer may be amended or withdrawn by One NZ at any time. Terms apply. For details on guarantee and terms, see SuperWifi terms.
4G Broadband: Only available in selected areas (rural areas are specifically excluded). Sufficient 4G coverage and capacity is also required. Ask us to check your address. The modem must only be used at the location nominated by the customer. Network guarantee - get your money back for up to 30 days after you join One NZ as a Wireless Broadband customer. See network guarantee terms. Early termination charge applies to 12 month contracts. Traffic management will apply and terms and fair use apply, see Wireless Broadband terms.
Important things to know
You can make unlimited national calls for an additional $10. (Up to 7 days to connect phone service)
Services that require a fixed line phone line to work, such as monitored home alarms, medical alarms, faxes, the interactive features of SKY digital or PABXs may be incompatible with our calling service. One NZ recommends checking with the provider of any existing fixed line dependent services.
Using your home phone
- If power is not available then broadband, and any services which run over it including calling from your home phone (and calls to emergency services), may stop working unless there is battery backup at your place.
- Once your broadband is connected you’ll need to plug your home phone directly into your One NZ supplied modem instead of the wall phone jack. One NZ modems will not work.
- Making phone calls – you’ll now need to dial the area code before dialling the phone number, eg 09, 07, 03 etc. There may be a delay of up to 10 secs before it starts ringing. You can reduce this by pressing * when you dial.
- If your Broadband service ends for any reason you must return the modem in good working condition with cables and accessories within 30 days of notifying us of your intention to terminate.
Pay Monthly Discount
A "$10" discount on your broadband monthly plan price is available when you link a One NZ Pay Monthly (On Account) mobile to your One NZ home broadband account. Each validated Pay Monthly phone number may only be registered against one broadband account. The discount will no longer apply if you no longer have an eligible Pay Monthly mobile plan.
Consumer terms and Wireless Broadband terms apply.
SuperWifi – The future of Wifi
With 4G Unlimited Wireless Broadband, you'll be able to unleash the power of SuperWifi. Fair use applies.
SuperWifi works with two mesh nodes to create a dynamic Wifi network that delivers great service wall-to-wall. And if it doesn't give you Wifi to every corner of your home, we'll give you a $100 account credit on your broadband. No upfront costs for the units. No rental charges. As long as you stay on any eligible One NZ broadband plan for 24 months, we’ll cover the cost of the units. All you have to do is redeem the units once your broadband plan is up and running.
SuperWifi includes great features such as Device Prioritisation and Parental Controls so that you can keep the littlest family members safer online, all through the Deco app. It's easy to set up, easy to use and is supported by our great team of remote and in-home experts.
Wireless Broadband FAQs
Who can get 4G Unlimited Broadband?
How fast is 4G Broadband?
Why can my One NZ mobile sometimes get faster speeds than my One NZ Wireless Broadband service operating in the same spot at the same time?
There will be times when the Wireless Broadband network layer is being very heavily used and can’t borrow any more capacity from the mobile layer. When this
happens, some customers may find that their mobile phone appears to be faster than their Wireless Broadband in a speed test.
How do I set up my new 4G modem?
If you have a TP-Link Deco X58-4G modem, follow the below steps to set up:
- Plug your modem into a power plug and wait until the light on the side pulses blue – the best place for a strong connection is near a window.
- Download the TP-Link Deco app and follow the simple in app instructions to finish setting up your new modem and WiFi network – make sure you select the X58-4G as your modem type in the app.
- Use the network name and password you created in the app to connect your devices.
If you already have the TP-Link Deco app installed from setting up SuperWifi, you will need to reset your network to make the Deco X58-4G the master device:
- Tap on the globe icon at the top of the app’s home screen, click the three dots and delete the network.
- Your SuperWifi units will then start flashing blue – we recommend unplugging them until it’s time to add them back into your new network.
- Follow the in app prompts to set up your new Deco X58-4G modem.
- Once your new network is up and running, you can add your SuperWifi units to the network.
If you have a Huawei B818, follow the below steps to set up:
- Plug your modem into a power plug – the best place for a strong connection is near a window
- When the light on the front turns from red to blue you’re connected to our 4G network. It’ll happen pretty quickly. The more bars showing on the modem, the stronger the connection. If needed, move your modem to get a better signal strength.
- Use the network name (SSID) and password (WiFi Key) on the bottom of the modem to connect your devices. And that’s it! You’re now online.
If you need help setting up call us on 0800 800 966
How do I choose my own Wi-Fi password?
- Connect a device to the Wi-Fi by using the network name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi KEY) on the bottom of the modem.
- Open a new browser on this device
- Go to 192.168.1.1
- Select Log In (top right corner) and use the details below
- Username: admin
- Password: adminIf you have already updated this, use your username and password you created
4 .Click the Settings tab
The Configure WLAN Settings screen appears
5.From the left-side menu, expand the WLAN option and select WLAN Basic Settings
The WLAN Basic Settings screen appears
6.Select the network name (SSID on your modem) and click Edit
7.In the SSID field, enter your new name for your Wi-Fi
8.In the WLAN key section, enter your new password for your Wi-Fi
If you need help setting up call us on 0800 800 966
How do I set up my new home phones?
- Pop the batteries into each phone.
- Plug the larger base unit into the back of your new modem and into a power plug – no phone jack required.
- Plug the smaller base unit into any power socket – it’s a spare phone for you to have anywhere you’d like in your home.
Making phone calls – you’ll now need to dial the area code before dialling the phone number, eg 09, 07, 03 etc.
If you need help setting up call us on 0800 800 966
Are there any services I can't use with Wireless Broadband?
- If you have a monitored home alarm or medical alarm, it’s really important that you call your alarm provider to find out if it’s compatible with Wireless Broadband.
- Other services that can’t be used with Wireless Broadband are: EFTPOS machines that require a landline, faxes, multi line, static IP and ISDN/PBXs.
What is the 111 Contact Code?
Newer home phone services such as voice calling over broadband, which rely on an active working broadband service, won’t work in the event of a power failure, without an independent power source. The 111 Code requires Telecommunication Service Providers to provide Vulnerable Consumers with an alternative solution to contact 111 in an emergency.
If you are receiving One NZ household voice calling over broadband services over Fibre, UltraFast HFC, VDSL, ADSL or Wireless technology and you, or someone you live with, do not have access to a traditional copper phone line, and is likely to need to contact 111 for health, safety or disability reasons and, you do not have the means to do so during a power failure, please read the information below and fill out a Vulnerable Consumers Application form.
If you qualify, One NZ will provide you with an alternative means of contacting 111 in the event of a power failure, free of charge.
How can I keep track of my Wireless Broadband data?
What if I want more data?
Head to the My One NZ app, select Plan & Add-ons and select the extra data you need. 1GB, 15GB and 50GB of data can be bought.