Proudly 100% owned by One New Zealand and based in Timaru, Farmside is the passionate, progressive category leader in rural connectivity solutions.
Your rural life is the good life. Farmside’s connectivity can help make it a great life.
Check out our Broadband plans below or get in touch with our Rural Specialists to see how we can help
*Customers must have one bill for their Rural Wireless Broadband and eligible Endless Mobile plan for a $10 monthly discount to apply. The discount will cease to apply if you no longer have your Rural Broadband connection.
Where available speeds shown are peak time national average based on the latest Commerce Commission Measuring Broadband New Zealand (MBNZ) Autumn June 2023 report. For wireless connections, factors such as the distance you are from a cell tower, the network capability and the overall use of that cell tower by the other consumers can impact the speed experienced.
Availability is not guaranteed, 4G coverage not available everywhere and requires a 4G capable device.
Details about our plans
- Off-Peak Data Boosters - Available from midnight to 5pm. Fair use policy applies.
- Anytime Data Boosters
Calling Rates - Free local and national calling
|Any NZ mobiles
|Any Australia/Ireland/Canada landlines
|Any USA/UK landlines
|Any USA mobile
|Any Canada mobiles
|Any Ireland/UK mobiles
|Australia mobiles (excludes call to Australia Mobile Optus Satellite)
- Find out more about International Calling locations and rates
Capped Calling (up to 2 hours)
|Any Australia homeline
|Any Canada, Ireland, USA & UK homeline
NZ Mobile TalkPacks
Smart Calling Features
Getting set up
Depending on you location, your Rural Wireless Broadband service could be a self-install or a managed install. To find our what's available at your location please call our friendly team on 0800 327 674.
- Managed installation
1. Standard installation
$99 and travel fees may apply. A standard installation applies when: The premises is a single-story home or building made of wood or brick and has easy access to the roof using a ladder (not scaffolding), the roof pitch is less than 15 degrees, 10 metres of cabling or less is required, the modem is located against an exterior wall, connecting the service up to a single computer.
2. Non-standard installation
$199 and travel fees may apply. A non-standard installation applies when: The premises is a 2 story or architecturally designed (1 or 2 story) home or building, the roof pitch is more than 15 degrees, scaffolding or an elevated work platform is required, the house is difficult to access (e.g. on the side of a cliff), internal cabling is required, additional cable in excess of 10 meters is required, modem needs to be located in a difficult area to access (e.g. in the roof space of an internal office), if the property is not on the mainland (e.g. Marlborough sounds and a water taxi is required).
Important things to know
- For wireless connections, factors such as the distance you are from a cell tower, the network capability and the overall use of that cell tower by the other consumers can impact the speeds experienced.
- Factors such as the performance of your modem, location of the server you’re connected to, the performance of your device and your in-home Wifi setup can impact the speeds experienced.
- Sufficient 4G coverage and capacity is also required. Traffic management and fair usage apply.
- A 24 month service term applies. Early disconnections apply. If you require an open term please contact our sales team on 0800 327 674 to discuss open term options.
- Plan prices exclude data cap overages of $5 per GB.
- Modem must be returned if the plan is terminated in the first 12 months.
- Off-Peak Data Boosters - provides additional data between the hours of midnight 12:00am to 5pm, and are over and above the broadband plan data allowance. You can add booster as a one-off purchase for a minimum of two months (consecutive billing periods) or add one to your account permanently.
- Off-Peak Data Boosters purchased partway through the month are retrospective and will take effect from the start of the usage billing period, any previous off-peak data consumed will be deducted from the Off-Peak Data Boosters data allowance.
- The 150GB off-peak booster provides 150GB of data between the hours of midnight 12:00am to 5pm over and above the broadband plan, once it has been consumed, any further usage between midnight 12:00 am – 5:00pm will use the broadband plan data allowance. If this has been fully consumed then overage up to 6GB will apply charged at the overage rate, the connection will then be throttled. Throttling can be removed by adding further data boosters.
- Data Boosters take effect from the date of purchase to the next 20th of the month. Where boosters are purchased for future usage periods, they are billed one month in advance.
- The billing period is from the 21st of the month to the 20th of the following month.
- *Customers must have one bill for their Rural Wireless Broadband and eligible Endless Mobile plan for a $10 monthly discount to apply. The discount will cease to apply if you no longer have your Rural Broadband connection.
RBI Wireless Broadband and Phone
- Rural Broadband and Phone is delivered over the 4G Wireless network, copper phone line is not eligible. In the event of a power failure the service will not be available, including emergency services. You will need to keep a copper landline phone connection if you have and use services such as - monitored home alarms, medical alarms, faxes, interactive Sky digital features or PABXs may not work over the RBI Broadband and phone (VoIP) service. You will need to check with your provider of any fixed line dependant services. See Farmside broadband terms and conditions for more details.
- If power is not available then broadband, and any services which run over it including voice calling (and all calls, including emergency calls to 111), may stop working unless there is battery backup in the home. We recommend always having a charged mobile phone ready to use as a backup.
- The connection speed of your RBI Wireless Broadband will drop from 4G speed to 4G speed when the phone service is in use.
- RBI Wireless Broadband and Phone has a separate voice port on the modem that allows for either one corded phone or multiple phones via a DECT base station with multiple handsets.
- RBI Wireless Broadband and Phone supports a single phone line. A Homeline service, where available can be purchased separately if a second phone is required.
- Fair usage applies to free local and national calling.
- If you, or someone or someone you live with, do not have access to a traditional copper phone line, and is likely to need to contact 111 for health, safety or disability reasons and, you do not have the means to do so during a power failure, and you qualify, Farmside will provide you with an alternative means of contacting 111 in the event of a power failure, free of charge. See 111 vulnerable customer register for more information.
Farmside terms and conditions apply. See below for more information:
Rural Broadband coverage
Guide to using the coverage map
- 3G Aerial – You are in One NZ 3G coverage. A technician is required to install an aerial and setup your Rural Broadband service.
- 4G Aerial – You are in One NZ 4G coverage. A technician is required to install an aerial and setup your 4G Rural Broadband service.
- 4G PnP – “4G Plug and Play” means you are within very good or excellent One NZ 4G coverage. Call Telesales on 0800 327 674 or visit your local One NZ Retail store, to purchase a 4G modem and just plug and play. No installation required.
- 4G Voice, or 4G calling is also known as VoLTE, which allows calls to be made over One NZ’s 4G network. To be able to make a call in one of these 4G only areas, you need to be on a VoLTE enabled plan and have a VoLTE enabled device that has been updated with the latest manufacturers’ software. See our FAQs about VoLTE for more information including eligible devices and indicative timings of when to expect a software update.
- Please note: The above map is indicative only and intended to provide general guidance on where rural broadband coverage is available. Please call us to check what is available at your specific address.
Talk to a Rural Specialist
Our in-store Rural Specialists
|36 Victoria Street
|188 Burnett Street
|2 Peel Street
|96 market Street
|Cnr Hukanui & Comries Roads, Chartwell
|209-233 George Street
|209 Russel Street
|111 Mackay Street
|99 Kerikeri Road
|11 Weld Street
|188 Oxford Street
|3/20 Don Street
|192-200 Queen Street
|230 High Street
|74 Arawa Street
|Richmond Mall, cnr Croucher & Talbot Streets
|134 Dickens Street
|150 Thames Street
|Shop 9A, Centre City
|42 Beach Street
|The Plaza Shopping Centre
|15 Ashley Street
|103 King Street
|288 Stafford Street
|1170 Amohau Street
|Shop 10, Spencer House
|5 Horomatangi Street
|163 Palmerston Street
|306 Cameron Road
|1/119 Alexandra Street
|R21 cnr Te Rapa Straight & Avalon Drive
|61 Victoria Avenue
|232 The Strand
|4 Port Road