Capture and share every experience when you purchase a Prepay roaming add-on, on eligible Prepay plans*
Important things to know
- Remember - your bundle will be activated immediately so make sure you only purchase when you land!
- Roaming Add-Ons are valid until midnight NZ time. If you purchased the Daily Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it until midnight NZ time the next day. If you purchased the Weekly Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it for the next 7 full days (NZ time). We will confirm via TXT when your bundle is due to expire. It’s important you keep this date in mind.
- If you run out of data in your add-on you can stay connected by grabbing a data only boost. If you run out of minutes or TXT’s you can stack up your add-ons. You just can’t have two of the same kind, so you’ll need to grab the other add-on or wait until yours expires. Learn about repurchasing Prepay roaming bundles.
- Roaming add-ons are not available in every country. If you plan to travel to multiple countries, make sure you check out the rates for each one
- *Prepay roaming add-ons can only be purchased on the following plans: My Flex Prepay, Mates Prepay, Prepay Pay & Go, Prepay Carryover $19 or $29, International Plan and One NZ X.
- Please note that One NZ Pass purchases are only available for use within New Zealand. If you roam overseas, data charges will apply. One NZ Pass data is not available for use when roaming and is not included as part of your Prepay roaming bundle.
- If you have Wifi Calling enabled on your mobile phone, you can use your minutes like you’re at home.For example, if you’re on a $20 MyFlex Prepay plan with 200 mins and you make a call to an NZ number using Wifi Calling while roaming overseas, this usage will come from your 200 mins. If you’re calling a local number in the country you’re travelling in, you’ll be charged the standard cost of calling an international number, like you would at home.If you don’t have an active Prepay plan and still use Wifi Calling while overseas, you’ll be charged standard Prepay rates.
Everything you need to know about Prepay Add-ons
1. When you land in a new country you will receive a TXT with your Prepay roaming rates.
2. TXT the codes above in order to purchase an add-on.
3. That’s it – you're all set up and ready to roam!
Roaming Add-ons are valid until midnight NZ time. If you purchased the daily Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it until midnight NZ time the next day. If you purchased the weekly Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it for the next 7 full days (NZ time).
If you run out of data, TXTs or minutes you can stack up your add-ons. You just can’t have two of the same kind, so you’ll need to grab the other Add-on, or a data boost
- Know exactly what you're spending
- Not difficult to set up
- Includes calls & TXTs within the Daily Roaming country and back to NZ
Maritime and in-flight roaming is not available. Please check with your cruise or airline for the WiFi data options they may offer.
Eligible on all current Prepay plans. Not on a current Prepay plan? Move today to get our best roaming rates. Call us on 777 from your mobile or 0800 800 021 from a landline.
Prepay roaming countries
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Turks & Caicos
United Kingdom (including Jersey)
USA including Hawaii and Alaska*
*Travelling to the US? Here are some important things to know.