Capture and share every experience when you purchase a Prepay roaming add-on, on eligible Prepay plans*
Your Roaming Add-On or Data Only Boost will be activated immediately so make sure you only purchase it when you land.
Roaming Add-Ons or Data Boosts are valid until midnight NZ time. If you purchased the Daily Add-On or Data Boost before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it until midnight NZ the next day. If you purchased the Weekly Add-On or Data Boost, you will be able to use it for the next 7 full days (NZ time). We will confirm via TXT when your bundle is due to expire.
If you run out of minutes, TXTs and data in your daily or weekly Prepay roaming add-on you can purchase another add-on or data only boosts, these will be activated immediately.
If you’d prefer an uninterrupted roaming experience, you can purchase another Prepay roaming add-on or data boost just before your current one expires. This will be activated immediately and not when your current add-on or boost expires. Prepay roaming add-ons and boosts will be used based on the earliest expiry.
Roaming Add-On or Data Boosts are not available in every country. If you plan to travel to multiple countries, make sure you check out the rates for each one.
Important things to know
- Prepay Roaming add-ons are only available on selected Prepay mobile plans and selected destinations. If no add-ons are purchased, casual roaming rates will apply. All activities will be based on NZ time. If you are not on an Eligible Plan and/or in an eligible Roaming Country casual rate will apply.
- *Prepay roaming add-ons can only be purchased on the following plans: MyFlex Prepay and Pay & Go Prepay.
- Prepay Roaming does not include premium numbers, satellite calls, in-flight roaming calls, maritime calls and fax/data calls.
- If you have Wifi Calling enabled on your mobile phone, you can use your minutes like you’re at home. For example, if you’re on a $20 MyFlex Prepay plan with 200 mins and you make a call to an NZ number using Wifi Calling while roaming overseas, this usage will come from your 200 mins. If you’re calling a local number in the country you’re travelling in, you’ll be charged the standard cost of calling an international number, like you would at home. If you don’t have an active Prepay plan you can still use Wifi Calling while overseas, you’ll be charged standard Prepay rates.
- Please note that One NZ Pass purchases are only available for use within New Zealand. If you roam overseas, data charges will apply. One NZ Pass data is not available for use when roaming and is not included as part of your Prepay roaming bundle.
- Prepay Roaming Terms and Conditions apply.
Everything you need to know about Prepay Add-ons
1. When you land in a new country you will receive a TXT with your Prepay roaming rates.
2. TXT the codes above in order to purchase an add-on.
3. That’s it – you're all set up and ready to roam!
Maritime and in-flight roaming is not available. Please check with your cruise or airline for the WiFi data options they may offer.
Prepay roaming countries
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Turks & Caicos
United Kingdom (including Jersey)
USA including Hawaii and Alaska*
*Travelling to the US? Here are some important things to know.
Prepay Roaming casual rates
|Area||Outgoing calls per minute||TXTs per message||Incoming calls per minute||Data|
|Australia||$0.91||92c||$1.15||57c / MB|
|Zone 2||$3.21||92c||$1.15||$11.5 / MB|
|Zone 3||$4.36||92c||$1.15||$11.5 / MB|
|Zone 4||$6.66||92c||$1.15||$11.5 / MB|
Zone 2: Anguilla - Antigua & Barbuda - Antilles - Argentina - Aruba - Austria - Barbados - Belgium - Bermuda - Brazil - British Virgin Islands - Bonaire - Bulgaria - Canada - Cayman Islands - Chile - China - Colombia - Cook Islands/Rarotonga - Croatia - Cyprus - Curacao - Czech Republic - Denmark - Dominica - Estonia - Fiji - France - Germany - Ghana - Greece - Grenada - Haiti - Hungary - Hong Kong - Iceland - India - Indonesia - Ireland - Israel - Italy - Jamaica - Japan - Kosovo - Latvia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macau - Malta - Malaysia - Mexico - Monaco - Montserrat - Montenegro - Nauru - Netherlands - Norway - Panama - Papua New Guinea - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Puerto Rico - Romania - Samoa - Serbia - Singapore - Slovenia -South Africa - South Korea - Spain - St Lucia - St Maarten - St Vincent & The Grenadines - Sweden - Switzerland - Thailand - Taiwan - Tonga - Tunisia - Turkey - Turks & Caicos - United Kingdom (including Jersey) - Uruguay - USA - Vanuatu
Zone 3: Afghanistan - Albania - Bahamas - Bahrain - Bangladesh - Belarus - Bhutan - Bosnia - Brunei - Cambodia - Cameroon - Costa Rica - Cuba - East Timor - Egypt - El Salvador - Faroe Islands - Finland -French Guiana - Guinea Bissau - French Polynesia - Gibraltar - Guam/Northern Mariana Islands (Voice and Txt Only) - Guatemala - Honduras - Iraq - Iran - Jordan - Kiribati - Kuwait - Laos - Lebanon (voice & TXT only) - Macedonia - Maldives - Mauritania - Moldova - Nepal - New Caledonia - Nicaragua - Oman - Sri Lanka - Pakistan - Palestine - Qatar - Saudi Arabia - Slovakia - Solomon Islands - Suriname - Trinidad & Tobago - Ukraine - United Arab Emirates - Venezuela - Vietnam - Wallis & Futuna - Yemen - Zambia
Zone 4: Algeria - Angola - Armenia - Azerbaijan - Belize - Benin - Bolivia - Botswana - Burkina Faso - Burundi - Cape Verde - Central African Republic - Chad - Congo - Djibouti - Dominican Republic - Equatorial Guinea - Ethiopia - Gabon - Gambia - Georgia - Guinea - Guyana - Ivory Coast - Kazakhstan - Kenya - Kyrgyzstan - Lesotho - Liberia - Libya - Madagascar - Malawi - Mali - Mauritius - Mongolia - Morocco - Mozambique - Myanmar - Namibia - Niger - Nigeria - Paraguay - Reunion - Russia - Rwanda - Sao Tome & Principe - Senegal - Seychelles - South Sudan - Tajikistan -Tanzania - Togo - Turkmenistan - Uganda - Uzbekistan - Zimbabwe