Terms - Prepay Roaming
On 4 September 2023, we made some minor updates to our Prepay Roaming Terms. You can refer to the previous Prepay Roaming terms.
- Prepay customers will be eligible only for One NZ Traveller rates while using their mobile phone overseas ('roaming').
Prepay Roaming Add-Ons
- To be eligible to purchase Prepay Roaming Add-Ons you must be on one of the following Plans: My Flex Prepay or Prepay Pay & Go.
- Prepay Roaming Add-Ons can be purchased either before you leave New Zealand or once you reach your overseas destination, where you will receive a TXT notification and/or can TXT 756. See the rate and country list available at one.nz/prepay-roaming.
- Your Plan must be active (not on hold) before purchasing your Prepay Roaming Add-On. The add-on will be active immediately after your purchase so should be purchased once you have reached your destination.
- Any minutes, TXTs or data not used within the Add-On validity periods at the destination will be lost.
- Prepay Roaming Add-Ons can be purchased for the following time periods:
|1 day||Full 24 hours (from New Zealand time of purchase)|
|1 week||Full 7 days (from New Zealand time of purchase)|
- If you purchased the daily Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it until midnight NZ time the next day.
- If you purchased the weekly Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it for the next 7 full days (NZ time).
- When reviewing your Prepay Data Roaming Add-on online or in My One NZ, data usage will be displayed rounded up to the nearest 1MB. For data usage you will receive a TXT alert when you reach 80% and 100% of your data allowance. Once you have reached 100% you will be prompted to purchase another Prepay Roaming Add-On. If you run out of data, mins or TXTs casual rates will apply based on the destination you are roaming.
Prepay Roaming Casual Charges
- If you are not using a Prepay Roaming Add-On, One NZ Prepay casual roaming charges will apply to any usage while you are out of New Zealand e.g. calls, TXTs and data.
- On Prepay, different casual roaming rates apply depending on the ‘Zone’ you are in while making outgoing calls when overseas (outside of NZ).
- Roaming does not apply to any included minutes, TXTs or data you may have in NZ Prepay Pan, including any voice, TXT, or data add-ons in NZ.
- Data is charged on a separate basis, depending on the country that you are using data in. Data usage is charged per 10KB or part thereof. Different locations may have different device requirements and costs are measured on data volume rather than time spent online. Details of the costs and device requirements for each location are set out on Prepay roaming.
- All incoming calls will be charged at a flat rate regardless of the origin of the call, or country you are in at the time of receiving the call. All outgoing text messages will be charged at a flat rate regardless of the country you are travelling in, or the country that the text originated from. Details of those charges are set out on the Prepay Roaming page.
- We do our best to ensure a great roaming experience by providing access to overseas networks, but we are unable to guarantee the quality or coverage that any other country provides.
Maritime, In-Flight Roaming, Premium Numbers and Satellite Calls
- Maritime Calls are available on some cruise liners. See one.nz/roaming/maritime-coverage/ for details of the cruise liners and the cost of the calls.
- In-flight roaming is not included in either the One NZ Prepay casual rates or Prepay Roaming Add-Ons but is available on selected domestic and international flights. See one.nz/roaming for more details including the costs.
- Different casual roaming rates apply for premium numbers and satellite calls (incoming and outgoing).
- Promotional offers to One NZ customers will not apply to you while you are roaming. If you are in doubt please call us on 777 from your One NZ mobile before you leave New Zealand or, if you are already overseas, on +64 9 355 2007 for specific promotion details.
- As roaming involves services provided by networks other than that of One New Zealand Group Limited, you agree that we will not be responsible for the way in which any external carrier provides or fails to provide any service (including disconnection, lack of coverage or the performance of that carrier's network).