Pay Monthly plans
Here’s how Group plans with Companions work:
- No more sharing. Everyone gets their own endless data plus endless calls and TXTs to standard NZ and AUS numbers.
- Hotspot included at no extra cost.
- Managing costs is easy with one bill.
Want to add a Companion?
Give us a call or chat to us in-store. If you're on our $60 Medium plan, you'll need to move to our new $65 Medium plan to add a Companion.
Call 0800 777 031 Find a store
Buy one $65 Pay Monthly mobile plan and add up to 3 Companion plans for $35 each per month, or buy one $80 Pay Monthly mobile plan and add up to 3 Companion plans for $40 each per month. Companions must be on the same billing account and plan type must be the same as the Primary Plan (e.g. all One Plan™ plans). The Primary Plan account holder is liable for all charges including the cost of each plan. Companion plans are not available through the Online store. Speeds reduced to a maximum of 1.2Mbps after Max Speed Data allowance exceeded. Unlimited voice calls and TXTs to standard NZ & Aus numbers (e.g. no short codes or MMS/PXT). Personal Mobile use only. Fair use applies. Mobile terms and Pay Monthly terms apply.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Companion plan
Are Companion Plans right for me?
How can I add a Companion Plan?
What do I need to understand when joining a Companion Plan?
This also means the Primary plan holder will be able to:
- See a record of all calls and TXT messages made and received from your number (but not the content of the calls or TXTs).
- Change the Primary and Companion plans in the group (e.g. downgrading or upgrading the plan type, adding call bars to prevent international dialling, or adding or removing other add-ons such as interest free payments)
- Terminate or suspend the Primary Plan and/or the Companion plan.
- Move your number to another provider.
You can see the complete Pay Monthly Terms here.
What happens to my current plan when I move to a Companion Plan?
- You are responsible for any outstanding charges that remain on the account at the time of joining a Companion plan.
- If you are in contract for your One NZ plan, you may be charged an early termination fee and will be required to pay any outstanding amounts due (including any Interest Free Payments).
- If you have any Add-ons or discounts on your existing plan/account, they will not be applied to the new Companion plan.
If you have a Prepay plan:
- Any existing credit you have will be transferred across to the new Pay Monthly bill.
Will I still get free International Calling and TXTs on a Companion plan?
*Included at no extra cost for customers who joined or re-signed from 24 August 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is max speed data?
Once you have exceeded your max speed data allowance, your speed will be reduced to a maximum speed of 1.2Mbps on Endless data.
How will I know when I have exceeded my max speed data allowance?
You can check your data usage any time in the My One NZ app.
To download the app, search 'My One NZ' in Google Play for Android, or in the App Store for iOS.
What should I do if I keep on exceeding my max speed data allowance?
The great news is that all our phone plans are open term, which means you can change plan to suit your needs, once a month.
Alternatively, you can buy extra data with a one-off max speed data boost, until your plan renews. You can buy that extra data directly in the My One NZ app.
To download the app, search My One NZ in Google Play for Android or in the App Store for iOS.
Does One Plan™ really have unlimited max speed data?
Can I enjoy 5G on your Pay Monthly mobile plans?
To enjoy 5G you will also need a 5G phone from One NZ and be in a 5G coverage area.
5G is now live in parts of select NZ cities and we will continue to roll out 5G to more New Zealanders, so keep an eye out on the coverage map.
5G is included in all One NZ plans at no extra cost for a limited time.