Test your WiFi connection with One NZ's Wifi Help
You'll need to download the Wifi Help app via the App store. Then we'll be able to connect with your modem and find out what the issue is.
If you’re using SuperWifi or a TP-Link Deco modem, check out our SuperWifi Help page instead.
To identify what modem you have please check our modem support page.
If you haven't downloaded the Wifi Help app, you'll need to do that first.
If you're having trouble with your WiFi connection to the internet, you can use our app Wifi Help to check what's wrong. This tool is designed to assist in resolving speed issues, videos buffering, WiFi coverage issues and WiFi network congestion.
1. Download the free Wifi Help app on your device from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Once installed open the app and click Begin.
3. Select Network Scan to start the diagnosis.
4. From there, you will be guided through recommended troubleshooting steps needed to resolve your connection issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the Wifi Help app didn’t fix my issue?
Who is the Wifi Help app designed to help?
What if I’m using a TP-Link DECO modem?
What does this tool do?
What kind of information is collected?
Examples of this information include:
- External IP Address
- Network Speed, such as ping and bandwidth
- Local Network Topology
- Quality of Wi-Fi connection to network devices
- Details of your device's Wi-Fi connection, such as Signal Strength, Wi-Fi Frequency, Surrounding Wi-Fi networks, SSID, Wi-Fi Channels, Wi-Fi Security type
- Traceroute to an external server
- Time and date at which the app is run
How long will you be storing this data for?
Will you be sharing my data with anyone?
When you share information with us while using this service, we will need to share it with AWS to run diagnostics and provide you with support.
Rest assured, the information collected via this tool will only be used by us to support you in troubleshooting issues with your home network and will not be shared with any other parties.