Changing ownership of your business?
Read the checklist below
The existing business owner fills out the form online
We email the new owner to fill out their section of the form
The Change of Ownership is completed within 5-10 days. If we need more info, this might take a little longer
If you are taking over a business including its One NZ services, you will need to get in touch with the existing business owner to start the change of ownership process. Once the existing business owner submits the online form, we will email you for more information.
Before starting a change of ownership
I am the existing business owner
- I am responsible for all services until the transfer has been completed.
- Once the services have been transferred, I will lose access to all account information.
- I cannot request a transfer of services if there are outstanding account payments.
- If I have any outstanding interest-free payments, these must be paid before requesting a transfer of services.
- If the new owner doesn't agree to the transfer of services, I will have to pay all early termination charges.
If you're currently using Internet Explorer, please switch to a different web browser to complete this form.
I am the new business owner
- I am authorised to be the legal new business owner.
And if I am not a current One NZ customer, I understand that:
- I must be over 18 years of age to accept the transfer of services.
- In order to accept a transfer of services, I must provide a copy of my driver's licence or passport.
- I will be credit checked before One NZ transfers the services to myself.
The existing business owner needs to start the request to change ownership. Once they've filled in the form, you'll receive an email with a link to complete your part.
Important things to know
The existing legal owner of the business is the only person authorised to make the changes to the account. If the person filling in the Business Change of Ownership form is not the existing legal owner of the business, they will need to provide a letter from the legal owner confirming they are authorised to make changes to the account with One NZ. Both the existing and the new owners must agree to the change of ownership before submitting the form.
What is the process to change ownership of my services?
The existing business owner must start the process for changing ownership of services. Once the existing owner submits the Business Change of Ownership form, the following process happens:
- The existing owner will be emailed a reference number
- The new owner will receive an email with a link requesting them to fill in the additional information in the form
- If we do not hear back from the new owner, One NZ will send a follow-up email.
- If the follow-up email receives no response, One NZ will contact the existing owner to confirm the details of the new owner.
- After 3 unsuccessful attempts at contacting the new owner, One NZ will cancel the request for a change of ownership.
- Once One NZ receives all the required information from both the existing and the new owner, the request will be completed within 5 business days. Note: A change of ownership of less than 30 connections usually takes 5 business days. Depending on the complexity and volume, bulk change of ownership requests (30+ connections) may take up to 30 business days to complete.In such cases, One NZ will keep both the existing owner and the new owner informed and confirm a completion date via email.
Does it cost to change ownership?
There is no cost to changing ownership of your business services.
Who can I talk to if I have any questions about changing ownership?
If you have any other questions, feel free to give our team a call on 888 from a mobile or 0800 800 021 from a landline.