Terms - Wireless Broadband
1. These terms and conditions are in addition to our Consumer terms, which also apply.
The following terms apply to One NZ's 4G Broadband and 5G Broadband:
Installation and equipment
2. Wireless Broadband requires a One NZ Broadband modem. Modem requirement may vary depending on plan type.
3. Wireless Broadband services are only available in areas with sufficient 4G or 5G coverage. For coverage see, our address checker.
4. Installation of the modem can be performed by customers using the instructions provided with the modem.
5. Once the modem has been activated, a customer can contact us if they are having issues. We can then perform additional checks to test whether there is sufficient coverage for the service to work. If there is insufficient coverage the customer can return the product in accordance with the terms of our 30 Day Network Guarantee.
6. The modem contains a SIM card. You may not use this SIM card in any other device. It remains our property and you must return it to One NZ on request.
7. Once installed, you are responsible for the care and maintenance of the modem.
8. You can only use your modem at the location you specify when you sign up for Wireless Broadband. The reason for this is that One NZ needs to manage the network to ensure that it provides One NZ customers with a reliable and consistent service. If we identify that you have used the modem at any address other than the specified location, One NZ may terminate this agreement at its sole discretion.
9. If you are moving to a location outside our current Wireless Broadband coverage area, you will need to terminate your contract with us. Early termination charges may apply.
10. The modem requires mains power. In the event of a power failure, service will not be available, including home phone calling to emergency services.
11. Data usage is measured in 10KB blocks, rounded upwards at the end of a data session or every 20 minutes, whichever comes first.
12. We reserve the right to manage traffic at peak times to improve the overall performance and experience among our customers. In particular, we reserve the right to prioritise specific types of traffic over other traffic at times of congestion (and for limited time periods) where we consider there will be significant customer interest in the specific type of traffic and prioritisation is necessary to ensure customers receive an acceptable experience.
13. The Wireless Broadband service excludes activities such as auto dialling, telemarketing, call centres, and using Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs).
14. The Wireless Broadband service is not able to be used as a gateway server.
15. Your first bill will include part month charges plus a month in advance.
Broadband and Calling
16. Calling over Wireless Broadband requires mains power and broadband coverage to operate. If power is not available (e.g. during a power outage) broadband and any services which run over it, including voice calling through your home phone, which includes calls to Emergency 111 services may stop working unless you have battery backup in your home.
17. If you have a monitored home alarm or medical alarm, you’ll need to check with your alarm company whether your alarm needs to be upgraded (or reset) from one that uses a traditional phone line to one that will work over mobile or broadband.
18. Other services that require a traditional phone line to work, such as fax machines or the interactive features of Sky Digital are currently incompatible with Wireless Broadband.
19. If you wish to port your existing phone number to your Wireless Broadband and Calling plan it will take up to 7 days to complete. The port will occur up to 7 days after the installation. Until the port is completed your existing phone service will continue to work and you will be billed for this period. You may be charged early termination fees or other charges by your existing service provider. Once the port is completed both your Wireless Broadband and Calling will be activated.
20. Local landline calls are included in the calling bundle.
21. National landline calls are included in the calling bundle. For details of standard calling rates please go to one.nz/broadband/phone-calling-rates
22. National mobile calls are charged at 39c per minute.
23. If you are calling an overseas mobile (unless a special mobile rate is listed) it will cost the same as the per-minute rate for that destination.
24. There is a one minute minimum charge for all calls. Thereafter, your call will be charged by the second.
25. Special numbers, 0900, 059, 0161, directory assisted calls, calling card access numbers, audio conferencing calls, will be charged at the applicable per minute rate of your calling plan.
26. Calling features are billed on a monthly basis in advance on your billing cycle. If you cancel these services part way through the month you will still be billed to the end of your billing cycle.
27. If you choose to purchase a voicemail service, you are responsible for changing the PIN from the preset number and setting your own PIN access for the voicemail service. You must also pay for any charges incurred as a result, whether or not you reset the PIN access. In the interests of others, we must limit the number and duration of messages that can be left on your voicemail service.
The following terms only apply to 4G Broadband:
28. A one month minimum term applies to One NZ 4G Broadband services.
29. Any unused data within a monthly data bundle will not be carried forward to the following month.
30. An upfront modem charge of $249 applies to the open term plan (one month term).
31. Fair Use Policy applies
32. If you choose a 12 month minimum term, early termination charges and plan transfer fees may apply unless otherwise stated. Graduated early termination charges on a 12 month minimum term are set out below:
|Months Remaining of Customer's Minimum Term||Early Termination Fee for 4G Broadband on a 12 month term|
|10-12 months remaining||$249|
|7-9 months remaining||$186.75|
|4-6 months remaining||$124.50|
|1-3 months remaining||$62.25|
The following terms only apply to 5G Broadband:
33. A 12 month minimum term applies to One NZ 5G Broadband services.
34. Continuous 5G Wireless Broadband coverage cannot be guaranteed.
35. Fair Use Policy applies
36. Early termination charges and plan transfer fees may apply if you downgrade or leave One NZ before your 12-month term is over. Graduated early termination charges on a 12 month minimum term are set out below:
|Months Remaining of Customer's Minimum Term||Early Termination Fee for 5G Broadband on a 12 month term|
|10-12 months remaining||$500|
|7-9 months remaining||$375|
|4-6 months remaining||$250|
|1-3 months remaining||$125|