Terms - Always Connected Data
On 4 September 2023, we made some minor updates to our Always Connected Data Terms. You can refer to the previous Always Connected terms.
1. Always Connected data is only available to customers who have their home broadband with One NZ and also have an eligible consumer One NZ mobile Plan.
2. Always Connected data will be available to eligible customers if they contact the One NZ Care team when they experience a broadband outage, and the One NZ Care team is unable to resolve the broadband outage issue. The broadband outage issue must also be something related to the broadband network, One NZ's service or hardware supplied by One NZ, and the exclusions listed in these terms must not apply.
3. The eligible in market Consumer Prepay Plans are My Flex Prepay and Pay & Go.
4. The eligible Consumer Pay Monthly Mobile Plans are Endless Data – Small, Medium, One Plan.
5. The Always Connected data can be applied to up to 4 eligible One NZ consumer mobiles in the household.
6. The Always Connected data allowance is in addition to your Plan’s base data allowance and will be used before your Plan's data allowance.
7. The Always Connected data allowance is only available for seven days from the date it is applied. It will expire either once you have used up the Always Connected data allowance, or at the end of the seven days.
8. The Always Connected data allowance is for use in New Zealand only. Only your Plan’s base data can be used for roaming, and normal roaming data charges will apply.
9. If you move to a different Plan or re-sign your Plan during the seven-day period, the Always Connected data allowance will not transfer to your new Plan.
10. If you exceed the Always Connected data allowance and your Plan’s base data, you will be prompted to purchase Flexi data or if on a Prepay Plan you will be charged your standard data rate.
11. The type of scenarios where the Always Connected data can be provided are:
- Fixed connection fault
- One NZ supplied hardware fault
- Delay in Technician being available
- When your service is disconnected in error
- Where you are moving house and have provided One NZ with the required 10 working days' notice, but your broadband at your new house isn't working because One NZ has not ported your connection, our technicians have not turned up, or other broadband issue within One NZ's control.
12. Circumstances where Always Connected data won’t be provided:
- For compensation if your Plan's standard mobile data or broadband data allowance has already been used for the billing month.
- If there are billing issues and therefore your broadband service has been suspended.
- For a low broadband connection speed.
- When there is a hardware failure – e.g. tablet, PC, non-One NZ supplied modem.
- When changing to another provider and the new connection is delayed
- In a broadband 'port waiting' situation.
- On a mobile connection that is currently on hold or barred due to credit reasons or has been reported lost or stolen.
- When moving house and haven't given One NZ the required 10 working days' notice, you are waiting for your Fibre or HFC consent/installation or broadband access.
13. In certain circumstances (i.e. if you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection issues) you may be asked to keep using your broadband connection to enable One NZ to diagnose and resolve the broadband issues.
14. General Consumer Terms, Mobile Terms, Broadband and Home Phone Terms and any relevant Plan and offer / add-on terms apply.