Archived Terms - BestMate Add-On
BestMate Terms and Conditions with Pay Monthly (On Account)
To be eligible for the BestMates On Account Add-On, you must be a Vodafone On Account customer on a You Choose, Talker, TXTer, Mega, Starter or SIMple plan.
- BestMates Add-On lets you talk, TXT, PXT and video call, as much as you like to up to three nominated numbers on the Vodafone NZ mobile network. This includes national calls, TXTs and video calls to eligible mobiles.
- One BestMate costs only $10 per month. BestMates 2 is only $20 per month. BestMates 3 costs only $30 per month. All prices include GST.
- BestMates Add-Ons are charged at the time of activation and recur every billing month until cancelled.
- We will advise you when your BestMates Add-On has been activated. Standard call charges apply to your best mate numbers prior to your BestMates Add-On being activated.
- BestMates Add-Ons are charged monthly in advance. If you change your BestMates Add-On by moving between BestMate, BestMates 2 or BestMates 3 part way through your billing month, Vodafone will apply a credit to your next bill for the unused days of your first BestMates Add-On. We will then apply a partial month charge for the new BestMates Add-On for the remainder of your billing month. Vodafone will also apply the next month charges for your new BestMates Add-On for the next month. For example. if you change from BestMate to BestMates 2 half way through your billing month, your next month's bill will show
- a credit for the unused days of your BestMate Add-On,
- a part month charge for BestMates 2, and
- a monthly recurring charge of $20 for BestMates 2 Add-On for the upcoming month
- Similarly, if you have BestMates 2 and want to remove one best mate part way through your billing month, Vodafone will apply a credit to your next bill for the unused days of your BestMates 2 Add-On. We will then apply a partial charge for BestMate Add-On you have now changed to, for the rest of your billing month. We'll also apply a $10 charge for the next month for BestMate Add-On for the month in advance.
- If you cancel your BestMates Add-On, we will advise you when your BestMates Add-On has been deactivated and your BestMates Add-On charge will stop at this time. Standard call charges apply to your best mates numbers once BestMates Add-On have been deactivated.
- If you switch to another eligible plan, BestMates Add Ons will continue to be charged unless cancelled.
- It is $3 to change a nominated BestMate number.
- If you divert calls to your BestMate they will not be counted as free BestMate calls. If you have free minutes available on your pricing plan’s entitlement they will be used first; otherwise the standard airtime rates for your pricing plan will apply.
- If you go overseas, calls, TXTs, PXTs and video calls to your nominated best mates will be charged at standard roaming call charges (not international)
- If your BestMate goes overseas, no charges would apply while you're in NZ. However your BestMate will be charged the cost of the call from NZ to the country they're in.
- If your BestMate moves their number to another network, they can no longer be your Vodafone BestMate. With NZBestMate, you can set up a BestMate to any NZ mobile or landline.
- Vodafone On Account Terms and Conditions apply.