Phone Divert | User guides for voice calling over broadband
This article explains how to set up and manage Call Diversion on VoIP for ADSL/VDSL, Fibre or HFC connections.
Phone Divert allows you to transfer your incoming calls to another number, so you can answer calls wherever you are.
Before you begin
There is a monthly fee for Phone Divert
- Calling charges apply if calls are diverted to a mobile phone number or to another phone outside your local calling area, unless you have one of our calling plans.
- To active Phone Divert, you will need to have set up your voicemail first.
To add Phone Divert, please call us on 0800 438 448.
Activating Phone Divert from your phone
- Lift the handset and wait for the dial tone
- Dial the access code for the type of call diversion you wish to activate:
- Phone Divert always - all calls to home phone go straight to the alternative number you want your calls diverted to. To choose this option, dial *72
- Phone Divert busy - when the home phone is busy, calls are diverted to an alternative number. To choose this option, dial *90
- Phone Divert no answer - your home phone will ring for 10 seconds before a message advises the caller they will be put through to the alternative number. To choose this option, dial *92
- Enter the phone number to which calls will be forwarded
The voice prompt will confirm it has been activated.
Activating Phone Divert remotely
- Dial 0800 MYPHONE to access the main menu
- Enter your area code without the 0, followed by your home phone number (for example, 9 123 4567)
- Enter your four-digit PIN followed by #
- Press 4 for Phone Divert options
- Press 1 to activate a number already set up
- Press 2 to deactivate Phone Divert
- Press 3 to change the Phone Divert destination number and enter the new number followed by # (to activate this number press 1).
Accessing voicemail messages from overseas
- Dial 00 64 9 962 0000 and follow the normal Phone Divert steps
Turn Phone Divert off
- Dial the access code for the type of call diversion you wish to turn off:
- Always - Dial *73
- Busy- Dial *91
- No answer - Dial *93