DN8245 | Change WiFi Name or Password
This page explains how to change a WiFi name or password for the DN8245 modem.
Open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1
The Welcome screen appears
Complete the following fields:
- Username - You can find this on the bottom of your modem
- Password - You can find this on the bottom of your modem
Click Log In
Note: You may be prompted to change your log-in password before proceeding.
- The Overview screen appears
Click the Advanced tab, then the Wi-Fi Tab
- The Wi-Fi screen appears and by default enters into the 2.4Ghz band basic Wi-Fi Set up
To change your
Wi-Fi name, In the SSID Name section, enter a name for your Wi-Fi
This is the name devices trying to connect to your Wi-Fi will see
Wi-Fi names for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are set up separately. To set the 5Ghz band Wi-Fi name, you'll need to navigate to the 5Ghz Basic menu and also enter the SSID Name there too.
W-Fi password, In the WPA Preshared Key section, enter your chosen password for the Wi-Fi.
Passwords for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are also set up separately, so you will need to navigate to the 5Ghz Basic menu and update the password there too.
- Click Apply
- The apply button will be change to a grey colour while saving and return to blue once complete.